Page 3 of 3  :  Previous  :  Next  :   

20th Jun 2024, 3:57 PM#41  REPORT  
Mike Wilson1

Musicologist
Member since Dec 2019
26 Points
Thanks for looking anyway
Pridesale wrote:

Is this Bebe Daniels Vocal the Jay Wilbur There I Go that is sought, sorry no disc image found yet

20th Jun 2024, 4:34 PM#42  REPORT  
mister_tmg

Also on 78rpm
Member since Apr 2012
1109 Points
Has anyone enquired with the book’s compilers about these errors? They may be none the wiser, as they could have just been working from Colin Brown’s notes.

20th Jun 2024, 5:25 PM#43  REPORT  
Mike Wilson1

Musicologist
Member since Dec 2019
26 Points
[Yes.....I sent my list of errors to the publishers.....Got no reply or acknowledgementquote="mister_tmg"]Has anyone enquired with the book’s compilers about these errors? They may be none the wiser, as they could have just been working from Colin Brown’s notes.[/quote]

20th Jun 2024, 6:11 PM#44  REPORT  
mister_tmg

Also on 78rpm
Member since Apr 2012
1109 Points
Mike Wilson1 wrote:
[Yes.....I sent my list of errors to the publishers.....Got no reply or acknowledgementquote="mister_tmg"]Has anyone enquired with the book’s compilers about these errors? They may be none the wiser, as they could have just been working from Colin Brown’s notes.

A bit rude of them (although so typical!).

22nd Jun 2024, 9:57 AM#45  REPORT  
Mike Wilson1

Musicologist
Member since Dec 2019
26 Points
What's the story with Number 930 ???........I have Ambrose with Anne Shelton, you have Charlie Kunz ??
danceband91 wrote:
Mike Wilson1 wrote:
No....I didn't know that.....Will make correction on my lists
danceband91 wrote:
Mike Wilson1 wrote:
At Number 800 now.......
You must be getting sick of 40s music at this point! Just having a look through the first 800 for any corrections I've made that might not have been obvious. Did you notice that No. 290 is credited in the book as Charlie Kunz Medley D49, but the catalogue number corresponds to Medley D44? The charting date isn't consistent with D49 (it wasn't released until Dec-41), so I've assumed the title must have been in error and gone with D44 (which was released Mar-41).
I have the 78 of D44 so can send over a recording if you need it.

22nd Jun 2024, 12:37 PM#46  REPORT  
danceband91

Member since Nov 2020
118 Points
Mike Wilson1 wrote:
What's the story with Number 930 ???........I have Ambrose with Anne Shelton, you have Charlie Kunz ??
That one's a bit confusing. The book indeed has Ambrose's "San Fernando Valley" charting from 11 Sep 44 onwards, but the catalogue number it states is Decca F-8445, which is actually Charlie Kunz's Medley D74. I would normally have just assumed that this was a typo in the cat no, since "San Fernando Valley" is on F-8465. However, the other side of this record ("Till Stars Forget To Shine") is already in the charts, and has been since 04 Sep 44. Given the charts are based on record sales, I don't believe there's any way in which both sides of a record could chart separately, so I've assumed that the cat no is correct and gone with the Charlie Kunz D74 medley.

I'd also be tempted to amend No. 925 to have both sides charting, since I think "Till Stars Forget To Shine" and "San Fernando Valley" would have been equally popular. Perhaps the authors did intend to add in "San Fernando Valley" to the F-8465 entry, but ended up replacing the Charlie Kunz record by mistake.

Page 3 of 3  :  Previous  :  Next  :   

Add Reply

45cat Forums  :  45worlds Forums  : 

45worlds website ©2024  :  Homepage  :  Search  :  Sitemap  :  Help Page  :  Privacy  :  Terms  :  Contact  :  Share This Page  :  Like us on Facebook
Vinyl Albums  :  Live Music  :  78 RPM  :  CD Albums  :  CD Singles  :  12" Singles  :  7" Singles  :  Tape Media  :  Classical Music  :  Music Memorabilia  :  Cinema  :  TV Series  :  DVD & Blu-ray  :  Magazines  :  Books  :  Video Games  :  Create Your Own World
Latest  »  Items  :  Comments  :  Price Guide  :  Reviews  :  Ratings  :  Images  :  Lists  :  Videos  :  Tags  :  Collected  :  Wanted  :  Top 50  :  Random
45worlds for music, movies, books etc  :  45cat for 7" singles  :  45spaces for hundreds more worlds